Upper Dublin Parks & Recreation (UDP&R) will offer daytime care and education support for children in K-8th grade
This program will take place beginning September 8, 2020
The Program will be administered by Educational Support Assistants who will assist participants by (1) helping to supervise and accompany them during activities within and outside the virtual classroom and (2) working with participants in small groups (Pods will be a max of 10 children) or on an individual basis in various instructional and learning activities and (3) supervise the assigned participants during breaks, lunch and non-instructional times.
The UDP&R Education Support Program will:
- Assist in maintaining participants control and orderly behavior in the virtual classroom
- Help motivate the participants
- Assist the participants with instructional activities planned and developed by the virtual classroom teacher
- Assist the participants with review of virtual classroom teacher assignments
- Build a positive relationship with each participant and foster positive connections between participants
- Actively engage participants with the goal of fostering the positive development of each participant and the group
- Adhere to all UDP&R, County, City, and State regulations regarding COVID-19 prevention such as mask wearing and hand washing
- Follow the UDP&R Health & Safety Guidelines
- Have each participant complete a Prescreen Medical Form
- Complete daily temperature checks
- Location: Twining Valley Park* - 1400 Twining Road, Dresher, PA 19025 *In the event of higher demand, additional sites are being considered.
- Each day will be 7:45 am - 3:00 pm - there will be staggered drop off times in the morning
- Pods 1:10 (max)
- Cost: $150 per participant/per week
- UDP&R Scholarships will be available for qualifying families (contact Tammy Echevarria at 215643-1600 x3241 or email@example.com)
- Payment plans available to anyone (contact Tammy Echevarria at 215-643-1600 x3241 or firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Participants are limited to Upper Dublin residents, Upper Dublin first responders and Upper Dublin staff
- Staff: PA Certified teachers & Aides
- Site maximum of 50 participants
- Student MUST provide all study materials, including, but not limited to, books, worksheets, laptop, headphones, pens/pencils, etc.
ADA Accessibility: We recognize the importance of recreation for everyone. To the best of our ability, we will adapt our parks, programs, trips and special events to make them accessible to persons with special needs. Please indicate at the time of program registration how we can accommodate your needs. We will extend every effort to reasonably accommodate valid requests.